We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
The mission of the Capacity Building unit at the ISO Central Secretariat is to support the learning and development efforts of its 162 members worldwide, to strengthen member capacity at the institutional level, and to promote effective participation in international standardization. The unit implements a comprehensive development assistance programme for ISO members in developing countries and offers a wide range of training opportunities to all its members.
We are currently looking for a Programme Manager, Capacity Building, to join our team of professionals at the ISO Central Secretariat (ISO/CS) in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Formulate development projects and draft project proposals for funding by donor agencies, international organizations or ISO
- Implement capacity building programmes in response to needs expressed by ISO members
- Manage capacity building projects, while ensuring that for all the activities carried out, resources are used effectively and efficiently, and that outcomes are monitored and evaluated against development objectives
- Draft progress reports to donors and ISO
- Recruit and assess international training experts and consultants through ISO’s procurement process
- Coordinate the development of training materials and reference publications in standardization and related matters
Report to: Director, Capacity Building
Qualification and Experience
- Experience in managing capacity building projects in developing countries
- Experience in results-based management and dealing with donor organizations
- Relevant professional working experience related to standardization, conformity assessment, or national quality infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of standardization strategies, good standardization practice, technical regulations and the WTO TBT Agreement
- Relevant university degree, a post-graduate degree would be an asset
- Fluent in English, including solid writing skills. French is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office tools is required
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to stick to tight deadlines, while focusing on results and customer needs and expectations
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, team spirit essential
- Independent and self-motivated, with experience working in a multicultural environment
- Ability to assess, plan and implement capacity building activities
Starting date: 01/01/2019 or later date to be agreed