We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
The mission of the Capacity Building unit at the ISO Central Secretariat is to support the learning and development efforts of its 162 members worldwide, to strengthen member capacity at the institutional level, and to promote effective participation in international standardization. The unit implements a comprehensive development assistance programme for ISO members in developing countries and offers a wide range of training opportunities to all its members.
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator, Capacity Building, to join our team of professionals at the ISO Central Secretariat (ISO/CS) in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Project Coordinator supports the implementation of capacity building projects in developing countries, and the delivery by the ISO Capacity Building unit of training courses to ISO members.
- The Project Coordinator is responsible for the following operational tasks:
- Set-up of the project’s web site and management of the invitation/registration/confirmation process of the participants attending the activity
- Coordination with the ISO member hosting the activity (mostly in developing countries) and providing logistics support, such as hotel accommodation, transportation, visa issuance, etc.
- Coordination of the service agreements with experts and consultants delivering the activities
- Preparation of training materials and background documentation
- Preparation of electronic satisfaction surveys, analysis of results
- Data collection, compilation of reports, preparation of statistics on the activities of the unit
Report to: Director, Capacity Building
Qualification and Experience
- CFC of commercial apprenticeship, baccalaureate, or equivalent
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar role within an international work environment
- Experience working with developing countries
- Fluent in English, including good writing skills, working knowledge of French
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, in particular in using Excel
- Technical expertise regarding database use, data mining and compilation of reports
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages (e.g. Excel etc.) for compilation of reports
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines while focusing on results and customer needs
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete and follow-up action items
- Active team player with a positive and proactive attitude
- Open and able to learn new tools and systems as required for the work
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt in changing environments
Starting date: 01/01/2019 or later date to be agreed