We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
The Drawing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the deliverables published by ISO contain high quality graphics. He/she needs to maintain the highest degree of quality, consistency and timeliness in supporting the ISO production chain, as well as ensuring the same for any external providers.
- Verify the compliance, and if necessary modify, technical drawings, illustrations, etc. (in various formats e.g. .dwg, .ai, .tif, .eps, etc.) contained in draft International Standards and other deliverables, in accordance with ISO drawing rules
- Manage the day-to-day interactions with an outsourced supplier (drawing office) including work flows, training, quality management and related administrative tasks
- Remain informed of current drawing practices relating to various fields (e.g. mechanical engineering, construction, etc.) and maintain the ISO drawing working instructions and directives as required
- Ensure collaboration with national member body drawing offices
- Provide drawing-related support to the ISO production chain through its dedicated ticketing system as well as ad-hoc trainings on existing graphic design tools if/when required
Report to: Production Support Team Leader
Qualification and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience as technical drawing specialist
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Visio, etc.
- Technical drawing related degree is required (e.g. CFC, Engineering degree, etc.)
- Good knowledge of English and French languages
- Knowledge of standardization is an asset
- Highly motivated, reliable, pragmatic and flexible
- Good project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Comfortable working in an international working environment
Starting date: ASAP