We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
IT Technical & Support Engineer
We are looking for an IT Technical & Support Engineer to improve our systems and help supporting them. ISO operates business applications for its own users as well as on behalf of our partners, in a SaaS model. We wish to reinforce our second-tier IT support team, for regular tasks as well as for projects with our partners. The IT Technical & Support Engineer will also participate in technical improvements to our installed solutions and our custom-made applications.
This position is a full-time employment for a 2-years term, based at the ISO Central Secretariat in Vernier, Geneva.
- Qualifying and solving technical issues in our applications, provide support through our existing tools & processes, and participate in their improvement
- Collaborate with our business analysts and application developers when dealing with complex issues
- Provide second-tier support for business applications. Work in collaboration with the helpdesk to consolidate documentation and processes. Automate frequent issues with scripting and integration to our tools
- Application technical maintenance and upgrade, bug fixes, improvements
- Collaborate with business analysts on projects such as: on-boarding with migration of documents and user's profiles, configuration and tuning, tooling, tailoring or customization of our solutions to their needs
- Application Performance Management and reporting.
Reports to: IT Operations Team Leader
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in technical IT (engineering school or university a plus)
- A few years of corporate experience or IT services company
- Programming (Java 8, Spring framework, Spring boot, XML, LDAP)
- SQL (Oracle)
- Experience with Document Management concepts, usage, and APIs (OpenText Content Server, Atlassian Confluence, SharePoint)
- Scripting and automation (Ansible, bash)
- Very good written English & French, oral English. All written communication will be in English
- Mastering of Excel (used for data imports and reporting)
- Ability to qualify and prioritize work, stick to tight deadlines while focusing on results and customer needs and expectations
- Enjoying assisting people with computer issues and being able to explain things in a simple manner
- Autonomy and interest for improvement and consolidation of our tooling and documentation
Independent and self-motivated, with experience working in a multicultural environment
Starting date: 07/01/2019 or later date to be agreed