We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
Project Manager (Asia Regional Engagement)
We are currently looking for a Project Manager (Asia Regional Engagement) to join the ISO Regional Engagement Initiative (REI) for Asia Pacific based in Singapore till 31 December 2020.
The Project Manager reports to the Director (Asia Regional Engagement) and will assist to plan, organize and drive the policy and strategy for the Asia Pacific region. He/she will leverage his/her knowledge of the Asia-Pacific landscape to act as an advocate for ISO and as a catalyst for regional engagement, assisting the implementation of REI business plan which supports the deployment of the ISO Strategy 2016-2020 and the Capacity Building unit work plan in the region. He/she will work with ISO Central Secretariat in Geneva to support the ISO members in the Asia region as well as facilitating collaborations between the ISO members in Asia and outside Asia.
- Assisting in the identification and monitoring of KPIs for the REI objectives and business plan. To conduct research and analysis and write papers to measure the impact of the strategy and initiatives taken
- Promoting communication, collaborations and partnership, including organizing monthly webconference meetings and representing ISO at regional and international meetings. To update ISO Members in the region of the ISO latest developments, support the dissemination and effective use of the communication materials developed by ISO and facilitate cooperation among ISO Members
- Supporting advocacy initiatives to promote standardization activities and increase the visibility of ISO Members and of the ISO brand in the region
- Supporting training and technical assistance, including providing inputs on the needs of ISO Members in the region and supporting the implementation of the ISO APDC 2016-2020. To work with ISO capacity building unit as well as ISO Members and other donor organizations to address the needs and strengthen the capabilities of ISO members on the use of ISO standards and more effective participation at ISO
- Assisting in the operations of the REI Office in Singapore, including audit and other statutory filing in accordance with Singapore laws
Report to: Asia Regional Engagement Director
Qualification and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the standards and conformance related areas, at regional level in the Asia-Pacific region. Knowledge on national quality infrastructure and/or the WTO TBT Agreement is an asset
- Strong expertise in research and analysis, with good writing skills
- Good knowledge of macro- and micro-economics, political and societal environments in the region and globally, including knowledge and experience of various Asia-Pacific cultures
- Good IT skills is required, particularly managing webconference meetings
- Experience in dealing with capacity building projects in developing countries and donor organizations
- Relevant university degree, a post-graduate degree would be an asset
- Fluent in English, and preferably multilingual
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, ability to stick to tight deadlines, while focusing on results and customer needs and expectations
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, team spirit essential
- Independent and self-motivated, with experience working in a multicultural environment
- Good networking, team-building and communication skills, particularly in the multicultural and international environment
Starting date: asap