We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
Programme Manager, Research and Innovation
The Programme Manager will work with the Head of Research and Innovation to fulfill the mission of the newly created ISO Research and Innovation unit. This unit has been created to collect, analyze and provide empirical data on the concrete economic, social, and environmental impacts of International Standards and to identify new and emerging areas for standardization.
The role will involve the design and coordination of research efforts and the production of materials (such as case studies) to help demonstrate to stakeholders the benefits of International Standards, thus supporting the efforts of ISO members to engage with political and business leaders.
Under the supervision of the Head of Research and Innovation, the Programme Manager will:
- Create inventories of existing research and empirical data on the impact/benefits of International Standards;
- Compile and analyze data;
- Help to design frameworks for research, innovation and impact evaluation;
- Actively engage with ISO members and academia to build networks and relationships with universities and other relevant organizations;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of strategic foresight activities in coordination with ISO’s governing bodies and in line with the ISO Strategic Plan;
- Support ISO’s participation in relevant conferences and events;
- Provide research support to other ISO Central Secretariat units (such as Communications, Membership and external relations, and Capacity building);
- Promote International Standards and disseminate the results of research.
Report to: Head of Research and Innovation
Qualification and Experience
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the area of research design and methodology, strategic foresight, or impact evaluation;
- Experience with developing research frameworks and progressing research work to contribute to an evidence base;
- Experience working with quantitative data, including large data sets;
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- Strong project management skills;
- Experience working in an international environment or for a membership-based organization;
- Fluent in English. Fluency in French and familiarity with other languages is an asset;
- Experience in a standardization-related organization is a strong asset;
- Experience working with academia is a strong asset;
- Experience working with governments and policy stakeholders is a strong asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and manage external stakeholders
- Analytical mind, hands on approach and problem-solving skills
- Creativity and ability to generate ideas and develop fit-for-purpose solutions
- Ability to write clearly and concisely and to tailor communication for different audiences (including for a non-technical audience)
- Good organizational and time-management
- Proactive and autonomous
- Willingness to learn and develop within a multicultural and friendly environment
Starting date: asap