We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts, to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
Research Intern (from 3 to 6 months - open to a full time or part time internship)
the Research and Innovation team we study the benefits of international
standards and explore various other areas of standardization research. We work
together with our members in 164 countries to support each other’s research
efforts, share information and build collaborative efforts in standardization
As our Intern you will work on a distinct
project in support of the team’s objectives: a literature review to establish
the current state of research on the impacts of international standardization.
This piece of work will be valuable to ISO members and other stakeholders as an
overview of information currently available; it will also contribute to
decision-making about future research priorities.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the
world of international standardization and to develop skills in writing for
non-academic audiences, research analysis and project management.
- Survey existing academic and grey literature to compile a comprehensive repository of relevant work (starting with an existing repository and searching for other literature)
- Review research papers and produce an annotated bibliography that highlights priority information
an over-arching literature review to orient stakeholders to the available
Report to: Programme Manager, Research and Innovation
Qualification and Experience
- University or post-graduate degree in economics, social science or humanities
- Experience with reading, interpreting and synthesizing peer-reviewed academic research
- Experience producing written reports or other publications
a must, French and/or others: a plus
- Curious and self-motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic and creative
- A good team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Able to work with relative autonomy and take initiative
to work within a multicultural and international environment
Starting date: asap